Airkenya was named Air Operator of the Year at the inaugural Kenya Tourism Awards at a dazzling ceremony at the Carnivore grounds. The event, organized by the Kenya Tourist Federation, had 17 categories for nominations in the Tourism sector. Airkenya was named the most “reliable, safe airline…” and achieved a score of 77% in this category.
The award was judged on the basis of on time departures and arrivals, continuous staff training and development, resource-saving initiatives, waste reduction and management, health and safety policy and procedures, amongst others. Airkenya operates scheduled flights into Kenya’s major game reserves, namely, the Masai Mara, Amboseli, Samburu, Lewa Downs, Meru and the coastal towns of Lamu, Malindi, Mombasa and Diani. Airkenya also flies across the border to Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. Airkenya and offers charters flights in East Africa for small and large groups.
1/9. A jubilant Airkenya team celebrate their title of Air Operator of the Year as the Award is handed out. From L – R, Airkenya’s Sales Manager, Carole Ndegwa, Consolidated Banks General Manager, Japheth Kiilu who handed out the Award. Airkenya’s General Manager, Capt Dino Bisleti, Marketing Manager, Cheryl deSouza, Corporate Quality Manager, Abu Bakari and Deputy Operations Manager, Anthony Karanja
2. Winner of the 1st nine Liz Inglis receives her prize from Airkenya, Marketing Manager, Cheryl deSouza
3. Silver winner and also winning a return ticket to Diani is Joyce Ndegwa with 75 nett, pictured receiving her prize from Cheryl deSouza.
4. Airkenya flies Safaricom Chief for the Lewa Marathon.
Airkenya’s Catherine Kimwele, Anthony Karanja, Mrs Collymore and Safaricom CEO Bob Collymore together with Captain Michael Kwinga pose for a photo before Mr Collymore’s flight to Lewa for the Safaricom Marathon.
5. Guest winner, Madhvi Kapila receives her prize from Elizabeth Sargeant with Vice Lady Captain, Karen, Margaret Thande in the background.
6. Drew Barrymore and her friends before their flight to Lewa pose for a photo with Capt Chris Wilheim, Operations Officer Judy Kamundia and Cheryl deSouza.
7. Bronze winner and the winner of a return ticket to Diani iElizabeth Sargeant receiving her prize from Cheryl deSouza and Vice Lady Captain, Margaret Thande.
8. Airkenya General Manager, Capt Dino Bisleti receives the Award from Consolidated Bank General Manager, Japheth Kiilu.